Paris is actually a great city to visit in August. All of the locals are gone on holidays! The city feels a lot less crowded. Sure, there are plenty of tourists but there always are plenty of tourists in Paris. The only downside is that as a lot of locals leave, some shops and businesses can be closed. However, most tourist-friendly areas are still opened.
I have gathered here a fun collection packed with tips, ideas and resources to get your children and yourself prepared for a visit to Paris. Simply click on the images to be taken to the articles.
Books about Paris
You can read a review of the Zazoo here.
- Paris chapter books
- 20 picture books
Don't be fooled by the title, there are some cute printables about Paris in there.
|Paris colouring map|
Tips for travelling with kids to Paris
|via Multicultural Kid Blogs|
- 10 tips from a French blogger: avoiding the crowds and cooling off are definitely needed when in Paris.
|via Mummy Travels|
- A very complete guide of Paris with a family by Mummy Travels with places to stay, eat, etc.
|via Lou Messugo|
- Instgramming Paris: lots of eye candy here.
- Paris' Children's Museum: not technically a children's museum but a science one. However, it is one of the best places to learn and play in Paris. We have booked our sessions. And the park around it is wonderful too. I have fond memories of it as a child.
|Tapped Out Travellers|
- 3 days itinerary with a family in winter from Tapped Out Travellers
|Wyld Family Travel|
- Paris on a Batobus: a great way to visit Paris as you can hop on and hop off.
- An honest account of Paris with 3 kids by Strollering the Globe
- A 2-day itinerary full of great addresses by The World and
- Camping in Paris by WorldWide with Kids
|Eclairs by Just Go Places|
|Notre-Dame: a classic|
|Les jardins du Luxembourg: perfect to relax and let the kids run|
|A beautiful park a little further afield - but still accessible by Metro|
|Another classic- I don't need to name it.|
There are also plenty more ideas on my Pinterest board. Have fun planning.